The Cook Islands is a leading international finance center.
Outstanding people stand ready to navigate your complex needs.
Pioneers of the first trust legislation with Asset Protection features.
The Cook Islands
The Secret of the Pacific.
To the FSDA Newsletter and stay up to date with the latest industry news, events and information.
Outstanding Service Providers
In order to establish an international entity in the Cook Islands, it is crucial to work with one of our outstanding trustee companies.
Cook Islands Legislation
Known best for its Trust legislation, the Cook Islands also offers corporate entity formation through International Companies, Limited Liability Companies, and International Partnerships. Legislation also allows for Foundations and various insurance services including Captive Insurance. The jurisdiction maintains access to premium banking services through relationships with international banks. Trust companies also provide a wide array of administrative services to allow centralized and efficient operation of client structures.
- International Trusts Act 1984
- International Trusts Amendment Act 1985
- International Trusts Amendment Act 1989
- International Trusts Amendment (No.2) Act 1989
- International Trusts Amendment Act 1991
- International Trusts Amendment Act 1995-96
- International Trusts Amendment Act 1999
- International Trusts Amendment Act 2004
- International Trusts Amendment Act 2013
- International Companies
- International Companies Act 1981-82 (2005 consolidation)
- International Companies (Amendment) Act 2007
- International Companies (Amendment No.2) Act 2007
- International Companies Amendment Act 2013
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Liability Companies Act 2008
- Limited Liability Companies Amendment Act 2013
- Foundations Act 2012
- Foundations Amendment Act 2013
- International Partnership
- International Partnership Act 1984 (including 1999 and 2004 amendments)
- International Partnership Amendment Act 2013
- Banking Act 2011
- Banking Amendment Act 2012
- Banking Amendment Act 2013
- Captive Insurance
- Captive Insurance Act 2013
- Captive Insurance Regulations 2013
- Captive Insurance Amendment Regulations 2014
- Insurance Act 2008
- Insurance Amendment Act 2009
- Insurance Amendment Act 2011
- Insurance Amendment Act 2012
- Insurance Regulations 2009
- Insurance Amendment Regulations 2014
- Insurance Code 2010
- Trustee Companies
- Trustee Companies Act 2014
- Trustee Companies Regulations 2014
- Trustee Companies Amendment Regulations 2014
- Trustee Companies (Due Diligence) Regulations 1996
No guarantee is given relating to whether this legislation is up-to-date. All enquiries related to statutes, regulations, and codes should be directed to the Clerk of Parliament of the Cook Islands who will be able to provide copies of legislation in accordance with Parliament's conditions of access and supply.
Contact details are as follows:
Parliamentary Services Clerk
PO Box 13
Phone: (682) 26500
Fax: (682) 21260